Why buying with OD?
20 years of experience
With more than 20 years into the yachting industry, Ocean Drive has acquired a solid experience & reputation both onshore and at Sea. Our team covers all aspects of the business including Yacht Management, New Build, Brokerage and Charter. Having exclusive Dealership with renowned shipyards, Ocean Drive sold more than 200 yachts and has a long experience in the building of some the world’s most prestigious yachts such as: Heesen, Benetti, Amels, Mondomarine, Arcadia Yachts…
Your Boutique Office for yachting
Acting as a “Boutique & Family” office, you won’t be just a number. We will follow your project and protect your interests in every important step before, during and after the building process.
Because Owning a Yacht is your privilege, getting her operational our duty…
Guidance to buy a Yacht
Designing and building a Yacht from scratch gives you the privilege to create the vessel of your dreams.
Once Size, Design, Performances, General-arrangements, Type of uses and Budgets have been defined, due to its 20 years’ experience in Yachting industry, Ocean Drive will manage every important step for you, such as:
- Defining your future yacht status and registration, i.e. Private or Commercial?
- Finding some fully experienced & qualified Crew members (as per Flag Safe Manning) being as important as finding the right vessel.
- Our Management dept. will implement for you an accurate cash-flow forecast (Yacht running costs) presenting the annual management/maintenance fees.
- Shipyards’ selection including paramount criteria, such as: Construction Quality/price, Builder pedigree, Yard location & experience in yacht construction.
- Assisting you to negotiate and getting your vessel complete of all requested accessories, safety equipment, water-toys, any potential modifications.
- Together with an experienced Maritime Lawyer, validating the final Construction agreement including client’s protective clauses, potential penalties in case of late delivery and shipyard’s bank guarantee to secure the Buyer interests.
- Finding for you any mandatory Maritime, Flag & Classification Surveyors, Project manager to accompany the Buyer and/or any Buyer representatives during the construction process.
- Liaising on your behalf with Naval Architects, Yacht Designers and any potential decorators during the yacht construction.
- Offering a very frequent “On-site” representation and construction reporting.
- Attending to any eventual Sea-trail and Yacht handover during delivery process.